Eastern Canada Aerobatic Championship –
Hosted by Ontario Chapter 3 at Huronia Airport – CYEE – Sept 16-18, 2022
Larry Ernewein breaking away in his Bücker Bü 131 Jungmann
Join us at Midland Airport (CYEE) for the Eastern Canada Aerobatic Championship. We will have all aerobatic categories flying from Primary up to Unlimited. If you would like to volunteer or compete, please contact us below.
Rooms for $90-120/night. Book before 14th August!
Thursday September 15th, 2022: Setup, Tech Inspections + Practice
Friday September 16th, 2022: Tech Inspections, Practice and Contest Start
Saturday September 17th, 2022: Contest, Dinner Banquet + Awards
Sunday September 18th, 2022: Clean Up + Rain Day
CONTEST FEES: $250 (Includes contest fees, T-Shirt, and lunch on Friday + Saturday)
If this is your first time competing, we can arrange a safety pilot (if need be) and a mentor to help you get familiar with the contest format and show you the ropes. If you don’t have an airplane and/or have an interest in participating, we recommend that you volunteer as it’s a great way to experience the contest and be part of this amazing community. We’re all friendly and happy to help to ensure that your first contest is fun, safe and a great experience!
If you would like to volunteer, we highly recommend that you become a member (CLICK HERE). Please contact us with any questions you may have.
The aerobatic box at CYEE for the 2022 Competition
PRIOR TO THE CONTEST:
– Check parachute will be current (180 days)
– Check Insurance paperwork to ensure aircraft has up-to-date insurance coverage (minimum of $1M liability)
– Check Aircraft will be in annual.
– Check that your Medical will be current
– Verify that aircraft a has functioning radio (transmit and receive)
– Check that your Free forms (A, B, C) are approved and signed. (This is for Intermediate, Advanced, and Unlimited. – Also applies to Sportsman if you have your own Free program.)
– Make hotel and car rental reservations
– Register with the contest directly online or fill out and bring a contest entry form.
– Call or email the Contest Director for any special instructions
TAKE TO CONTEST:
– Proof of insurance (binder letter or copy of declarations page is acceptable)
– Pilot’s certificate (license)
– Driver’s license
– Current medical certificate
– Current Canada Aerobatics/IAC member card
– Chequebook and Cash
– Copies of your Freestyle (we recommend 10 copies of Form A, and 15 copies each of Forms B&C
Check Aircraft for documents:
– Airworthiness Certificate
– Registration Certificate
– Operating limitations + POH
– Weight and Balance documents for your particular aircraft. Generic weight and balance documents are not sufficient.
– Aircraft logbook, or copy, showing that the aircraft is in annual
– Parachute, with current pack card
– Current navigational charts
– Fuel filler hose (Pitts types)
– Oil filler spout (optional)
– Tool kit
– Chargers for battery-powered devices (cell phone, GPS, etc.)
Judges Line at the Canadian National Aerobatic Contest, 2017 in Hanover, Ontario